Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

May OPAM

Not a very productive month on the finishing side. Along with the One Xmas Item a Month from my last post I have finished this Ruler Bag...

 
The quilter panels I had in my stash for too many years so I cut them up and shared them with the 3 other ladies in my sewing group and challenged them to make a bag for quilting using them.
this is part 1 of my quilt ruler bags.

 
it also has a little pocket made from one of the panels on the back to store my rotary cutter!
The other finish is the Mug Bag below. My sister wanted a cup bag pattern that was easy to make. So I drafted up and made up this one.

 
I have since added a pocket either side to put teabags etc in (because I forgot to do it in step 3 or 4 of my pattern!! I am really very happy with it and it is just what my sister wanted.

 
I am happy with my 3 finishes for may and have also designed a new present (cup bag) so a couple more will be made.
 
I am currently at my son's near Wee Jasper for the weekend - it has poured rain at home and rained all day here. We have a 7am rise in the morning (should be banned on Sunday mornings) to go into Queanbeyan to watch  my 10yr old grandson play footy. Then I head on home late tomorrow afternoon and back to the grindstone on Monday.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!




3 comments:

  1. Three great useful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always so busy! Love the fabric in your cup bag
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finished projects, all so very
    handy. They are real sweet.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!