Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

JULY IS GONE....

 
July is gone and August on it's way... this year is just slipping away!
The Nature's Journey SAL that I participating in is finally starting to come together. There was some umming and arhhhing over the colour I was going to use for the borders. In the end I followed my heart and used the orange (purple was a close contender).
 
 
Here is the centre block before I sewed all the extras on.
 
 
Here it is with the borders sewn on. The diamonds are just sat there to see what it looked like, and as I am happy with how it looks I now have to fold them under and sew on.
 
 
Yes indeed I am very happy with it now. I think I am going to like this quilt when it is finished!! And speaking of finished I have finished the cream crocheted blanket I showed the beginning of in the last post. I now have 3 items for OPAM JULY!!!
 
 
Very happy with how this came up - now to post it off to my newest great nephew who is just 1 month old and will get plenty of use with it as he lives in Canberra!!
And my other 2 OPAM JULY finishes are the Ripple blanket and the Rainbow Granny Squares blanket (yes I know I have shown you these in the last post also.... I am very happy with my crochet efforts this year so am doing a little bragging!!).

 
We had more rain during the night - that makes a total of 525mm in 6 weeks - plenty for now - a couple of weeks without rain would be nice - I think I have said that before also. This is the coldest and wettest winter we have had for many years - thus nothing is happening outside and why I have completed 3 blankets during July!!
 

7 comments:

  1. That quilt is coming together beautifully. So cheery. You are the crochet queen at the moment. That cream coloured rug looks so soft. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the orange looks good in the border..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerrie I really love your centre block the colours are awesome,so glad you got rain and boy those blankets are gorgeous,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice of colours for your NJ center block Kerrie.

    Beautiful finishes for July too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerrie. I am living your centre block. Great choice about the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have every right to brag about those lovely crochet pretties. They are all gorgeous. Love your Nature's Journey SAL; the orange border is perfect.....it makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your quilt is amazing, and i just love your crochet blankets. You are very clever i was thrilled with my one blanket almost finished ......

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!