Pages

Sunday 20 December 2015

SSS opened!!

 
Well I lasted 2 days longer than I thought I would!!!lol. We were allowed to open our SSS presents on Friday and I held out until today!!! My lovely partner was Marilyn at Nanna With A Purpose......... and what a beautiful lot of sweet surprises did I receive!!!
 
 
just look at this lovely bundle of surprises ..... begging me to open them......... just one I thought......... haha...........not likely ...........one just whet my appetite (because I had a rough week last week and I really needed a pick me up tonight!!)....... soooo....... I opened all of mine and Karah opened her special gift also!!
 
 
My blogging swap partners are all so caring and beautiful - Marilyn also included a parcel for Karah (lol!! Karah always asks 'why do they send one to me?'). Because they are beautiful people and they care about you is my answer. She was so very happy with her beautiful, thoughtful gifts - they are all going off with her tomorrow on a 3 day camping trip with Rheis, Sarah and Oliver (the little brother she never had!!).
Thank you so much for including her Marilyn!

 
Now onto my gorgeous parcels!! This little bag and it's contents had me intrigued for a while. I even smelt them to see if they were little fragrant sachets - no they were not! So I have decided (and I think I may be right) that they are little paper weights to use when I am cutting out patterns!!! that is what I am going to use them for anyway - such a handy little gift!
 
 
A beautiful covered journal (just love the fabric) and sweet knitted cloths!! Both of these will be put to good use!!
 
 
I love this bright and cheery armchair sewing chatelaine. I have a few of these and they always so handy to have slung over the lounge chair arm.  

 
Now this is such a useful little folder. Inside in all those pockets was a notebook, pen, eyeglass cleaners, alcohol swabs (for needle pricks of course), a packet of tissues and band aids - a really sweet sewing first aid kit!!

 
And this gorgeous bag - love the colours - Marilyn checked out my blog really well!! The embroidered panel is lovely and on the inside I have a zipped pocket and an unzipped pocket. Such a perfect size - I have developed a dislike for really big bags because I put so much in them and then cannot find what I want. This one will have me organised all the time!!
 
A huge heartfelt thank you to Marilyn - such a great pick me up tonight. And a huge thank you to CHERYL
 
 
For Marilyn I made this bag that is zipped on the top. I actually made it thinking it would be ideal for a carry bag for embroidery etc but clever Marilyn is using it for her ipad/tablet!!
 
 
Two crocheted cloths and a cake of handmade goats milk soap. I haven't made any crocheted cloths for myself so I am hoping they wash and wear well!

 
A Mug Bag with all you require to make a 'cuppa' as long as you have the hot water!! (just a bit difficult to send that to Marilyn!!); a plastic bag holder and a covered note book.
We have had some really hot and nasty days here this week. Yesterday and today were in the early 40deg, but today came with really hot winds (strong enough to make standing in them difficult at times). We had to travel to Tocumwal to meet one of the puppies new owners - thank goodness my little Kia Rio has great aircon!! it was a miserable uncomfortable day. Coming home we had some showers and the sun actually went behind clouds for quite a while. About 5.15 the heavens opened up - the temp dropped about 13 degrees over half an hour which was wonderful and the wind with the rain was so refreshing and welcome. The rain was pelting down and chopping and changing directions constantly - what bliss it was. After that it just became hot and humid. But relief came again a couple of hours later when it started to rain again and it has been raining on and off for the last 2 hours - we would be getting close to an inch (25mm) of rain now - the yard and gardens will be loving it!! The temps all week are in the low thirties and even Christmas day is forecast 33 and maybe showers - how nice will that be!!
I will be back in a few days with another catch up - until then have a beautiful week all!!


 
 
 






 


14 comments:

  1. Hi Kerrie wow such beautiful gifts sent and received, glad you had something to pick you up my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you both liked your gifts and that they gave you the lift you needed. You are right in your evaluation of those little parcels with handles. They are pattern weights (rice inside so don't get them wet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful gifts you have both made for each other Kerrie! Very talented ladies with all these fancy pouches and zippered cases. I'm glad to hear your weather has cooled off a bit. We're expecting 11C for Christmas Eve day ... not cold enough! Lol.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts given and received. Always a pick-me-up when you get to open surprise gifts. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year putting all your pressies to good use. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great gifts. The tote is really purplely pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely gifts to enjoy. Those weights are a great idea. I have never seen them before. Karah is certainly popular and deserves to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely array of swap items there Kerrie... I love those chatelain, they're such handy gifts to give... so pleased that your Darling Girl is included with a little giftie too, I bet she loves it when you get mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fantastic...so much fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have sent each other some lovely gifts, Kerrie. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many gorgeous gifts. My goodness 40 degrees.....that is too, too hot. I don't know how you cope. May you and your family have a lovely Christmas, Kerrie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty gifts both received and given!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both sets of gifts are wonderful Kerrie. I'm so pleased it helped to cheer you a little.
    Merry Christmas to you & the family... xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gifts are wonderful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty and colorful gifts from your partner. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!