Pages

Monday 18 May 2015

PAROLED IN 4 DAYS

 
Greg ended up having his hip replacement last Monday morning - first off the rank. He had a bit of a rough afternoon and Tuesday morning - he won't ever be an opiate addict - not a good reaction to the morphine at all!! He was up moving around on Tuesday afternoon and eating and keeping food down on Wednesday and sent home on Thursday. Good for Greg, but not for me - I didn't get to spend a morning in Masters, nor have a look at the fabric/craft stores. Oh well, we do have to go back over twice in the next month for his check ups!! He is mobile now but not overdoing it - spends a bit of time outside with his crutches, does his exercises everyday - I do have to lift his legs into bed, and into the car. Also have to stretch (yank, pull, swear) those elastic stockings over his swollen legs - persevering as another trip back to hospital would send him around the bed!!
 
 
Although I couldn't dew in the hospital room (old hospital, dingy rooms - really bad light - I crocheted instead!) I did manage to get all of the applique done on the June blocks for the 2015 SAL - Nature's Journey that I am participating in. Very happy about being ahead with that.
 
 
I spent one day setting up the centre block for the SAL before we went to Wagga - so I have now started doing the applique on that. I have been flat out since we got home - Karah is back with us so the usual school, training and dance things are on in the sfternoons as well as chasing after Greg (how do patients who live on their own get on after hip surgery - so restricted in what they can do) - Greg is really good though and does whatever he can for himself and calls me to help when he really cannot do something. 
he has been getting outside on his crutches and doing bits and pieces - checking the animals, having long talks with the dogs and horse, planting vegie seedlings and weeding (all in raised beds) - which has been great for me because I have been getting outside more than usual which I am loving!! he even stands at the sink and does a bit of washing up !!
And my friends, that is the sum total of my life over the last 10 days!!! I am enjoying not being able to go anywhere (getting him in and out of the car is limited to town visits for him - doctor, ultrasound, physio etc) so I am also a lot more relaxed myself and the bonus is I am doing a bit more sorting around the house!!
Until next post this is Carer Kerrie signing off!!
 




9 comments:

  1. Hi kerrie so glad that Greg is doing well,boy you sure have been busy and your blocks look fantastic,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good for Greg... fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery although it sounds like he is well on his way. You take care of YOU too... take time out every now and then to "smell the roses" OR to "sit and sew/knit/crochet"... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Kerrie, this is carer Ondrea lol. I do hope things improve for you both soon. It must be rather painful for him. I am another one who had bad reactions to morphine, no fun. Your life is temporarily on hold but at least it is not a permanant disability and you have a positive outlook which is SO important. It can be draining having to be mindful of another's physical needs on a daily basis but at least it shall pass.Love your appliques. Angel hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Greg is recovering well. Lucky for him that "Carer Kerrie" is there to give a hand when needed. Great to see that you are well ahead on Nature's Journey. Good to have that up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerrie.vwry pleased Greg is on the mend. Enjoy your hand appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Greg is recovering. Your blocks for the SAL look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Greg is doing well. Love your SAL blocks. You are doing well. I'm still trying to get May's done. :) Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to read Greg is doing well. I understand how his issues with morphine - I had the same unpleasant experience last year. Your SAL blocks are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pleased to hear he is going well since the op................the NJ blocks look great................

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!