Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

LIMP BITS CHALLENGE!
Full of good intentions etc I decided to joining Posie Patchwork's #2012Posie Limp Bits Challenge!
http://posiepatchworkblog.blogspot.com.au/

Had the first week all organised. Trying a new recipe for pork chops which I find boring! Go to get my camera and.....CANNOT FIND IT!!!!
2 weeks down the track I still cannot find the camera! Everyone I ask says yes they seen it (all on the same night I might add) on the lounge. Now I know I didn't use it between that night and the new meal night.
Anyhow I am now using a camera borrowed from my daughter (and my camera will turn up eventually I hope!)


For the second challenge I decided it was time to have a go at knitting up some 8ply handspun yarn that I have had for a couple of years. Why is this a challenge? Well for the past 4 years I have only knitted with 10mm needle and upwards... and I wasn't looking forward to going back to the 4.50mm needles required to knit up the handspun wool!


On the bottom of the photo are the size needles I have been knitting with and on top what I was going to knit with. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to the time it would take to knit a garment iether, that is why I chose a baby's cardigan!!


This is the back! I added stripes because I don't like knitting ordinary old stocking stitch for too long, and instead of doing rib at the top I have finally mastered Moss Stitch!!! I have always knitted patterns but moss stitch was one that I always messed up. Well this time I didn't!!


And these are the two fronts!! Now all I have to do are the sleeves and then the worst part of all.... stitching together (oh how I hate that part!!). But onward I shall go and I WILL FINISH IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!!