Pages

Monday 4 June 2012

MARKET DAYS

Markets!!! I have a love hate relationship with being a market stall holder. You see I AM NOT a morning person. There is no waking up bright eyed and bushy tailed. No Good Morning Sunshine in my mornings. I NEED to wake upoin my own time plan. Trouble is most markets have an 8am start time which in turn means I have to rise at 6am at the latest - earlier if I have an hour or so travel time to the market. I tell you this is no fun!! (especially as I am a night owlgoing to bed around 11pm and do not go into a really nice deep restful sleep until the clock gets to 2-3 am!!).
The love part only starts when I arrive at the market site and meet and greet all the stall holders I know and the new ones I meet! Mind you this is a very mild love because I still have to set up!! Once set up it becomes a full blown love. Why?? Because I thoroughly enjoy the social side of being a market stall holder. Catching up with all those I know, meeting new stallholders and buyers. Seeing all the different goodies that each stall has.


The variety of products and talents of the crafters, growers, bakers and producers is limitless. These two photos are compilations of various stalls at a few recent markets I have set up at. And of course there is always something I must buy!


Today I had the pleasure.... of rising early, travelling an hour and setting up at a relatively new market. It is a farmers market but takes in the make bake and grow concept. A usual I was not a happy chappy when I got up this morning. My mood slowly improved on the journey and improved greatly on arrival with everyone calling out their greetings from around the market site.


Seeing your products all set up is a satisfying feeling.


But even nicer are the comments from the market patrons. Even if they don't purchase from you compliments on your work are really nice and make your day successful.
Today the best comments were about my new product - Teapot Cosies!! From an elderly gentleman who said his teapot cosie was threadbare and about 40 years old and he was bringing his boss to the next market to get a new one' to the younger people who oohed and arhed over them and wanted one but they didn't drink tea!!

I have to say I was very happy with the finished cosies when I made them but after today I am really chuffed!! Even more so because I had a good day sales wise which taking in all aspects of the market made it an enjoyable and successful day out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!!