Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

INITIAL HEART SWAP 2015

 
This the 3rd year I have participated in the Initial heart Swap organised by Cheryll.
 
My swap partner to make for was Lyn who lives in New Zealand. What to make???
 
 
The light bulb switched on when I was getting blocks ready for SAL 2015 - I had pages of the pattern instructions everywhere on my table so I went and got my pattern folder (a gift from another swap last year) to put them all in and I decided that I could do with a few more of these; that's when I decided I would make one for Lyn - surely every crafter needs at least one!!
 
 
The inside.
 

 
Extras - a FQ and some butterscotch.
I really enjoyed making the pattern folder for Lyn - I used to do a lot of Crazy Patchwork ponce but it is several years since I have done any!! I was in my element stitching away and embellishing (found I need to get some more beads etc).
I know that Lyn has received her gift and is very happy with it so another successful swap for me!!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift you made for Lyn and I am sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Really good swap

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely useful gift. I didn't participate this year but I first "met" you with last year's. I am so glad I did. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty embellished heart, Kerrie! It adds the perfect finishing touch to the folder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerrie what a lovely folder you have made,you put together a lovely swap,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such a lovely gift!!!! Love it ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful work you have done with the embellished patchwork heart! This is a great idea for a gift, and a nice reminder of new friendships. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pattern folder you have made for Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should make a pattern folder too. That is a great idea and I could easily fill a folder with all the loose patterns that i have in my stash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work Kerrie. Lucky Lyn. I enjoy crazy patch too, love all that fiddly embellishing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!