Pages

Thursday 2 July 2015

Creature Things

 
How is this for a stylish haircut - love the fringes!!
 
I went to the weekly sheep dale with the MOTH on Friday - these fine looking specimens were my faves of the day - BEATNIK sheep cuts!!! And attitude to go with the hair cut (or should I say 'wool cut'). This one and another one were quite comical with the looks they were giving me - I was half expecting them to tell me what to do with my camera!!

 
With the wet cold weather we have had there has been only one option and that is to stay inside ..... and crochet! Next to the fire of course.

 
This is my Rainbow CAL I started a few months ago. Currently there are 224 x 3" squares all joined together. 14 rows by 16 rows. I am thinking another 2 rows to bring it to 18 rows and that will be it for me. With a border added it will be the perfect size for the grandies to snuggle in while watching tv or napping on the lounge. It was going to be much bigger but I have had enough of 3" squares - I have used up quite a bit of double knit yarn though which is good.

 
And this is my ripple blanket that I started back in January - I was aiming to have it finished by the 30th June - but it still needs a border which I had to buy a couple of more balls to do - so that will see it being finished tonight as I now have one row to go around the border!!. I have always wanted to do a Ripple blanket and now I have - I won't be doing another one - Karah tells me I have done a really good job of it so that is a bonus!! It is big enough to sit on top of a double bed which is big enough for a grandie to snuggle under when they are sleeping over (or having an afternoon nap!) This one is made from pure wool yarn - 4 Seasons brand from Spotlight - not the softest wool but it is warm.
 
 
Last Sunday we had a Pedicure Morning!!! - and you have probably already guessed it didn't involve me and my podiatry needs!! This apology for a horse above who has the smallest feet of all wasn't too happy about it but when you are this tiny you get to do as you are told (despite how much testosterone you may possess!!)

 
When you are well behaved there is a reward - you get to start the mowing on the untouched too wet to mow lawns - both just stood in the one spot and ate and ate and ate!! Some even get a relaxing rubdown as a bonus - guess Bidgee deserved it as she was the most well behaved out of the 4 horse that were done!!

 
Now this one did not like it one bit - Bobby took as long to do as the other 3 together did - NO ONE is allowed to touch her back legs and that includes the hose water - only trying to make the farriers job easier Bobby!

 
And this is the lovely pot holder I received from Lyn in a recent swap I was a part of - organised by the lovely Sharm as part of a snail mail group I have recently joined.
 
And that is all from myself and creature things (seep, horses and snails) today - I have been having so much trouble with internet connection and my laptop the last few weeks - hopefully over it all now - so I am off to answer more emails and check out a LOT of blog posts from all of my favourite bloggers (and to make some lovely comments on said blogs!!)
 

7 comments:

  1. Your blankets are looking great, Kerrie. You should have joined the queue for a manicure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rainbow squares are so colourful. What a gorgeous blanket for the grandies to snuggle under. Your grandies must love staying at your house, Kerrie with so many lovely crocheted blankets to keep them warm. Love the 'hair cuts' of those sheep. How cute are they. Such a lovely pot holder, I am guessing it will be put to lots of use in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both blankets are beautiful!! It's been a couple of months since I crocheted anything and bow you've stirred up the inclination to get the yarn out....I do need a new pair of felted boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NOT heard of any small horse that doesn't have "small horse syndrome".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blankies. The sheep do look rather funny with their hair(wool)styles. I finally got to see some of my favourite sheep, the English ones with black faces. Sooo cute! I had a glitch with my tablet while I was overseas thus the lack of comments from me. I couldn't send or receive emails and then I couldn't even leave comments on blogs. So frustrating. Anyhoo, I got back on Australian soil Friday afternoon and have been sleeping ever since lol. Now to catch up with everyone's blogs. Angel Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerrie,wow lots happening at your place with the animals and boy I live your crochet blankets,you are very clever Kerrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm way behind on checking blogs....... Love the potholder! Glad to see it arrived!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!