Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

JUST POKING ALONG!!

 
Wow - 3 weeks since my last post - time just gets away doesn't it. I have been lying low the last 10 days thanks to a throat infection and heavy head cold - and it seems to be hanging on. We have had a family funeral before that - my 87 year old aunty - a life well lived and a lady well loved. And we have had rain, rain, rain and more rain. I feel like I am living in a swamp at the moment. Each lot of rain hasn't had the chance to soak and drain away before the next lot so we have had a boggy, sloppy wet farm.
 
No inducement to go outside I can assure you - animals get fed and the day is spent inside near the heater. BUT I have finished some sewing and two crochet rugs in between coughing and sleeping and the usual running around with mum and Karah and the couple of days babysitting!
 
 
I finished the large centre block of the Nature's Journey SAL that I am a part of. I have enough applique to last the rest of year I think. Decision time now - the orange or the purple for the peeper border; the light backgrounds or the brights for the next border - some fiddling about coming up I think!!
 
 
I finished the Ripple blanket and the Rainbow Granny Squares blanket.

 
This has come up a treat and I used up quite a bit of the double knit stash. I may do another rainbow blanket but make the squares bigger.

 
Finished for one day and then tested. Ollie loves crochet blankets and has one to sleep under whether it is summer or winter. He pulled this off the chair and settled down for his nap. Each time I would fold it up and put back on the chair he would march over and pull it off and put back on his pillow. At least I know someone likes it!!

 
I finished the Ripple blanket early in July (about a week after my planned finish date). I have never finished the edges of a blanket like this and am very happy with it has turned out. Ollie is not as interested in this one because he can't slip his fingers through it as easily!! - but it does the job when there is no other.
So that is my exciting lot for the last few weeks. The sun is shining on our swamp today - but there is more rain predicted tomorrow - hopefully after that we have a few weeks break so the water can drain away and we can access the sheds and paddocks a little easier. I never complain about rain as I am grateful we are not in drought (have certainly had enough of that over the last 15 years), but a break between the downpours would make the rain more beneficial - but beggars cannot be choosers and hopefully the garden will be a picture come spring time.
 


6 comments:

  1. Reading this post makes me want to pull out my crochet hook and all those 8ply pure wool balls I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie. I like the purple. It makes the blocks pop! Your blankets looks great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel hugs to you. I hope your cold doesn't hang on too long. I had one last week , the first in 10 years! I think I was run down after my month overseas. I so love those crocheted blankies. I love making the ripple ones for babies at the womens refuge. You are so clever. That quilt is looking great so far. You certainly have been very busy. Heaps vit C, lots of purified water,and apple cider vinegar to kill t he bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done your blocks are fantastic. I love the purple

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh maybe start making the next section before you decide on the peek...........looking great though.............

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!!